Where to save money on tiny house trailer

Home Forums Tiny House Building Tiny House Trailers Where to save money on tiny house trailer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kiwi Zane 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kiwi Zane
    Participant

Hi guys
    I got a quote today for all hardware on a 3500kg trailer excluding the steel.
    A whopping $7800, any ideas where I can save money? See list of hardware with prices attached.
    Cheers

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bryce
    Keymaster

Hey Zane,

What size trailer are you constructing? That quote sounds about right to me. The cost of our 6.6 meter long trailer is 8.5k + GST.

I know that this seems very expensive, but there is no other part of a Tiny House construction where quality is more important! The trailer makes up the foundation of the house, and so it’s imperative that it’s well built using quality materials.

The last thing that you want is to spend all that time and money building a wonderful house, only to have it all fall apart because the trailer does!

Cheers,

Bryce

nzvideoguys
    Participant

I can’t see any steel in that quote for the trailer? It appears to be a list of all the parts, except the steel. Is this correct? Also, I noticed you’ve been given a 25% discount. Where did you get this quote from? It may be that getting the trailer built by a company such as Monoway will be cheaper, because they can source all the parts at wholesale prices. I agree very much with Bryce that the trailer is the single most important structural part of the Tiny House build.

Cheers
    Paul

Kiwi Zane
    Participant

Hi guys,

Yes, I agree the trailer is an integral part.

I am looking at 7.2 meters without the tong. Tom and Shaye had their complete trailer build for $7800. My quote was for the parts only, no steel.

Cheers
    Zane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.