Size of trailer/tiny house

Home Forums Tiny House Building Tiny House Trailers Size of trailer/tiny house

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  henrygomez838 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

VickyW
    Participant

Does anyone know the maximum size for a trailer on roads in NZ?
    Particularly width and length. Thanks.

Bryce
    Keymaster

Hey Vicky.

Most tiny houses in New Zealand fit within the classification of a light simple trailer (as it’s classified by the NZTA).

That means it can be no wider than 2.5meters, no longer than 12.5 meters, no higher than 4.25 meters and weigh no more than 3500 kilograms.

If you’d like to know more about tiny house trailers, check out this video that we filmed with Monoway Trailers.

Cheers!

VickyW
    Participant

Thanks Bryce – starting to dream about my tiny home!

ReaverBait
    Participant

Hey, Bryce – does that mean you can have a ‘big tiny home’ and just pay a truck driver to move it if/when it’s time to find a new spot to park?

bondy007
    Participant

Yeah, I see no reason why a truck trailer (low loading) wouldn’t make a good platform for a house build.

munfordind
    Participant

Some useful answers may be found on our recently published Frequently Asked Questions.

Greg Newton
    Participant

Hey vicky,

I don;t have enough knowledge about the same but yes i have researched for the same and find something helpful to you to get your query resolved.

You can read it at http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/factsheets/13d/trailers-light-simple.html

henrygomez838
    Participant

Pet Carriers is a very safest way to take Dog to long distance travel. The only thing is pet carrier must be pre approved by Air Plane Authority. Most of pet carrier are rejected due size and its design. So buy Airplane approved Pet carrier is smart option for pet owner.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.