Hey guys! a few questions c:

Home Forums Off-The-Grid Hey guys! a few questions c:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marlene 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nicoqt
    Participant

Eyyyyy 😀 I’m new to the idea of living in a tiny house off the grid. I have a few questions I’d like to ask c:

1. How do you live without an address? Say you wanted to have someone come by your house or get mail or something?

2. In any case you have to call 911, how would they locate your house?

3. When it comes to subscribing to an internet service provider, how would that work? Also how does plumbing work?

Thank you c:

ReaverBait
    Participant

Post office boxes take care of the mail issue – and if you need to have someone visit the house, you’d just give the location of where it’s parked. 111 have to send ambulances to parks/beaches all the time anyway.

As for internet, if outside of a main city and not plugged into a telephone network you’d need satellite. When I was flatting in Auckland I had a wireless connection that just needed power.

Plumbing… well, there’s caravan toilets, composting toilets and incinerating toilets for mobile tiny homes. You could also look at septic tanks if mobility isn’t required. Also consider what happens to the bathwater.

marlene
    Participant

Well, there is always a solution to everything.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.