Advice on wall thickness please

Home Forums Tiny House Building Advice on wall thickness please

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gary67 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Little Fairy
    Participant

Hi. 🙂 I am in the process of planning my TH. I am a complete novice so this is all brand new to me. I want to insulate my house with natural materials so my house is environmentally friendly and also safer for my health. I am considering using wool for the insulation. Has anyone used this before?

Also I am trying to do my floor plan, my trailer deck width is 3m wide but I am unsure of how much thickness the walls will take up once they are insulated and finished. Can anybody please give me a ball park figure for this?

Thank you. 🙂

Gary67
    Participant

If using timber then allow for studs to be 90mm + cladding on each side. However if you are only doing single storey you could reduce this to 70mm.

For my build which has a sleeping loft my walls are 12mm structural ply on the outside, 90mm studs and 9mm ply on the inside giving me a total of 111mm.

I used an exterior grade ply, stained with Aquatek and then put 25mm battens on to give it a board and batten effect.

I don’t know about steel as I don’t use it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.