Garden Tower Project

Home Forums Small Space Gardening Garden Tower Project

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  celiagill54 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bryce
    Keymaster

Now this is a cool idea. Whilst looking for small-space gardening ideas I stumbled upon the garden tower project, a cleverly designed vertical planter that also doubles as a compost bin / worm farm, generating it’s own fertiliser for growing great, nutrient dense food!

The plants grow in the areas around the outside of the tower, and a column that runs down the centre is filled with worms, and household compost. The worms are free to move about the entire area, taking the nutrients form the compost with them and generating vermicast.

GARDEN TOWER

Water conservation has also been taken into consideration with this design, as it captures the water in a collector at the bottom, allowing you to re-water with nutrient enriched water every time.

It’s a great idea, and awesome to see people creating clever tools for producing a lot of food in a small space. Perfect for balconies, and of course Tiny Houses that are on tiny plots of land!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Delyth
    Participant

What a fantastic idea! I’m also looking for ideas that will work in the short term in apartment living, so this is great.

celiagill54
    Participant

I like that in a smaller version.

A smile is happiness you'll find right under your nose.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted on by Bryce

About Bryce

I'm a film-maker with a passion for small space design, permaculture, and downsized, eco-friendly living. Join me on my travels as I meet people from all over the globe who are living big lives in wonderful tiny houses!

Comments are closed.