A Tiny Home Companion

Home Forums Show Off A Tiny Home Companion

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Gary67 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Chrissy
    Participant

My husband & I are in the process of building our tiny home now. We have been dreaming about our very own tiny house for years. Late last year we decided to make the jump and bought ourselves a trailer for Christmas. We started work around the beginning of the year and are just about to start interior work. We hope to have it ready to live in, minus some of the solar setup by this Fall. We plan to have ours be an Off Grid home with Solar, Water Reclamation and a composting toilet set up. We even have ideas for a recycling shower circuit complete with UV sterilization to save on water.
    Check out our blog. I try to update it after every step is done. I try to include lots of details and material lists for others that may not know where to start.
    http://www.atinyhomecompanion.blogspot.com

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Chrissy.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Chrissy.

Find what makes you happy and grab on to it with both hands!

Bryce
    Keymaster

Wow – That house looks huge! I don’t know if you could still call it a tiny!!! Fantastic stuff though, where in the world are you building?

I think the water recycling shower is a great idea. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to incorporate this as they are very demanding on energy (as they re-heat the water), and we can’t use gas in our build, so it’s difficult if you’re using solar power.

Chrissy
    Participant

We are in Georgia Bryce. We have some friends with land that are allowing us to build there and we’ll live there once it’s done. Trade rent for help with the animals. They have horses and cattle. The house has about 260square foot of space so yeah..bigger than most. We wanted certain things and decided to spend the extra money for a much bigger trailer.

We plan to try to do the recycling shower on solar also. My husband will be designing the system himself. If we get it to work properly, we will be including the plans and a step by step on the blog for others to use also. It will be one of the last things done after we get moved in. We will be using propane tankless water heaters with 3 stages of water purification filters to get the crude out of the water. Instead of using a water pasteurization system to heat the water, we want to get one of those UV purification units. The Hubby thinks it will work fine with the solar system but it will all be trial and error. If it works though…think of the water you’d save! A weeks worth of showers with 5 gallons of water?? Amazing.

Find what makes you happy and grab on to it with both hands!

gagesine
    Participant

I love the choice of colours for your tiny house! I can’t wait to see the finished interior! 🙂 How long is the porch on the back? We are planning a 7 meter tiny house and I believe yours is 9 meters, so perhaps ours will be approximately the same size excluding the porch. Or perhaps my calculations are completely wrong (thank god I have my ‘man friend’ overseeing the mathematics).

maryd
    Participant

Hello,Ive purchased a frame of a Tiny Victorian 10 sq.meters in Motueka NZ.Week one we got the outer walls on,insulation and inner walls up.Getting ready to move the little house to another property in our Eco village.The location is on hill so stilts will be dug into the hill.Windows,door,siding and roof are left.Running out of funds and builders are hard to come by!This was supposed to be a two week project but starting to get frustrated on week 3.

Bryce
    Keymaster

Hey Maryd!

Could you please e-mail me some more information (using the contact form on this website) or connect with us on FaceBook? I’m keen to learn more about your project.

Cheers,

Bryce

barronbrower
    Participant

Hi, been watching Tiny House hunting TV series, and like many other resources I also use the program to build my own tiny house, have you also checked on it?

Gary67
    Participant

Our build has started just outside Nelson NZ

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Gary67.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted on by Chrissy

About Chrissy

Life is short. We should enjoy as much of it as we can instead of working ourselves closer to the grave, one day at a time. I want to spend my time hiking, camping, enjoying nature, reading good books while sipping tea, and napping! We are building our tiny home now and enjoying every minute of it!

Comments are closed.